Established in 1994, the Baptist Cardiac Surgery (BCS) Program has evolved into a leading center in Kentuckiana, with a commitment to excellence in care, outcomes, and cardiac surgery advancement. Baptist Cardiac Surgeons are nationally recognized for the early adoption and refinement of minimally invasive valve and coronary revascularization procedures, mitral valve repair, and complex aortic procedures. BCS performs nearly 800 cardiac surgical procedures annually with combined surgical experience of more than 60 years.
Our Less Invasive Cardiac Surgery approach involves a comprehensive multi-modality effort that tailors each procedure to each individual patient. This has resulted in an overall lower “surgical impact”, with lower complication and transfusion rates, improved pain management, shorter hospital stays, quicker returns to normal functional status, and more positive patient experiences.
BCS utilizes most techniques available for the treatment of:
- Mitral Valve Regurgitation and/or Stenosis
- Aortic Valve Regurgitation and/or Stenosis (including percutaneous options such asTAVR)
- Coronary Artery Disease (Heart Disease)
- Aortic Aneurysm and Dissection
- Cardiac Tumors
- Endocarditis (Inflammation and/or Infection of the Heart)